How to Get Orders on Fiverr?
Fiverr is the biggest freelance marketplace over the internet. With over 14 million users worldwide, the competition has risen a lot.
Fiverr is the biggest freelance marketplace over the internet. With over 14 million users worldwide, the competition has risen a lot. Due to all this competition, new freelancers who have just begun their journey on this free platform are struggling hard as more and more people are joining the platform.
It’s very hard to get your first order on Fiverr because of the huge competition. But successful freelancers have given away tips and tricks to nail it and start getting some sales on Fiverr. You can also adopt some of the tips and get your journey as a freelancer started. The freelancing world is waiting for you. All you have to do is to take the first few right steps and you are good to go. Here we have some pro tips which are not only going to help you land on your first order but will also help to get more sales:
- Adding a Profile Picture: Adding a profile picture will help your buyers to trust you as it will show your buyers that a human being is sitting on the other side of the screen and that he should treat him like a human being. Mutual trust is very important between you and your buyer.
- Writing Description for the Gig: A description of a gig serves as a cover letter or a resume. Your description should be persuasive enough to let your buyers know that you are the right person for the job, and you are able enough to deliver orders. Writing a witty description will help you get more sales as buyers will be able to have an insight into your service.
- Selecting the right keywords: Keywords are very important as they are the reason for your gig appearing in the search results of potential buyers. Selecting them is easy. All you have to do is copy the keywords of the top sellers of the same service that you are offering i.e. your competitors. You can select up to five keywords from your competitor. You can also add your keywords in your description so that you have a better chance of ranking in the search results.
- Adding a Video: One way to get more sales is to add a video of your service on your gig. It will help to build trust between you and your buyer. You can create a video on what you are offering in your services or what steps do you take while working? According to some, a video also helps to get ranked on the search results.
- Create eye-catching thumbnails and titles: Whenever a potential buyer searches for a particular service on his search console, thousands of results show up on his screen. All he sees is the title and the thumbnail of every gig. By adding an eye-catching title and thumbnail, you would have a better chance of getting views and orders.
- Promote your gig using social media: You can increase your chances of getting orders on Fiverr by promoting your services on social media like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. It will not only boost your chances of getting orders as there might be potential buyers on social media as well, but it will also increase your ranking in the Fiverr search console because your views and impressions would increase dramatically. Eventually, you will start to rank on Fiverr searches.
- Build a portfolio: Building a portfolio website is sometimes crucial in getting the success you need and desire in the freelancing world. Showcase your previous work on your professional website and attach that website to your gig. Even if you don’t have some previous work, you can always create something on your own. For example: If you are a writer, you can write some articles on hot and trending topics and publish them on your website so that potential buyers may trust you and see you as a serious seller and a freelancer.
- Using Buyers Request: We have saved the best for the last as this is the most effective and the fastest method to not only get your first sale on Fiverr but also increase your sales. Fiverr lets buyers post a request on Fiverr so that sellers can contact them by sending them a custom offer. You can send up to ten offers to buyers daily. With every offer you send to buyers, you also have to write a description or a cover letter with that offer. Convince your buyers that you are the best person for that job and how you are different than others. Always address all the questions in the buyer's request and also give your solution to the problems of your buyers. Buyers will only hire you if you can lure them in by making them trust you.